2750 Burton St. SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
(616) 949-4170 FAX (616) 949-5295
Senior Seekers Update:
June - No Meeting
July - Off Site Meeting - See Bulletin for details or click here.
The High School Youth Group will be holding their annual work camp. Do not miss out on this exciting event! Click here to find out more!
Welcome Bishop-elect David J. Walkowiak
You will have the opportunity to view the liturgical celebrations of Bishop-elect David Walkowiak’s ordination and installation.
• Solemn Vespers will take place at 7 p.m. on Monday, June 17 and will be webcast LIVE on the diocesan website http://www.dioceseofgrandrapids.org/multimedia/Pages/Mass_Cathedral_Live.aspx
• The Mass of ordination and Installation on Tuesday, June 18 at 2 p.m. is a ticked event, however, if you want to watch the Mass in a community setting, a Live Broadcast for our Deanery will be available at the following locations: St. Thomas the Apostle School, 1429 Wilcox Park Dr. SE St. Jude Parish, parish office, 1120 Four Mile NE
• View the Mass live on television (see the channel list below), or on the diocesan website beginning at 2 p.m. on June 18. Also, a copy of the worship aid will be available on the diocesan website.
• After June 18, Videos for the Solemn Vespers and the Mass of Ordination and Installation will be available to be viewed on demand on the diocesan website.
Mass may be watched on:
Comcast Digital – channel 393 – EWTN Español channel 637
AT&T U-verse – channel 562 – EWTN Español channel 3077
Charter Digital – channel 353 WOW – channel 112
Dish Network – channel 261 DirecTV – Channel 370
Sky Angel IPTV – channel 567 Or through ROKU in both English and Spanish
Parish Capital Improvements
On Monday, May 6, we began a renovation of the church restrooms. The existing restrooms are too small for the current needs of the parish family and they do not afford adequate handicapped accessibility. The makeover will update and double the size of the restrooms.
Once the children are out of school for the summer, the school restrooms will be renovated and a handicapped/family restroom will be added. The classrooms, constructed over fifty years ago,
will also be modernized. We will be installing energy efficient windows, heating and ventilation, and air conditioning systems. The electrical system will be upgraded to accommodate the needs of a contemporary learning environment. Other school improvement includes classroom furniture, additional lockers, new flooring and classroom lighting.
The exterior entrance to Damascus Hall will also be revamped to make it more functional, attractive and safe.
The parish will be spending around $1.2 million on these projects. The money is on hand in our Capital Improvement Fund. We have been building the fund for several years. Each year the amount collected in the Catholic Services Appeal beyond the diocesan target, is put into this fund. We have also received bequests and special gifts. The ongoing generosity of everyone is appreciated.
Our parishioner, Mike VanDiepenbos, has lead the planning for this effort. Architectural and engineering services are being provided by Progressive A&E. Erhardt Construction is managing the project. All necessary permissions from the Diocese have been received.